With beautiful weather and many schools in the region closed for spring break, there will be extra traffic around the Zoo and possible delays getting in to start your amazing day! Here are some tips to help minimize frustration and maximize enjoyment...
Best Times to Arrive
- Get here early (we open at 9am)
- Come in the late afternoon. We close at 5pm. (Stay for Tunes & Blooms every Thursday in April.)
- The Vine St. parking lot, located on the corner of Vine & Erchenbrecher, is the main lot and has almost 1,000 spaces, most of them covered by our giant solar canopy! BONUS - You get to park in the shade.
- Our Safari lot is also open during spring break to accommodate school groups and general public. If you see a line forming on Vine St., head to the Safari lot entrance on Forest Ave.
- Dury & additional lots will open when these lots are full. Signs around the Zoo will indicate when these lots are open.
Alternate Driving Routes
Click here to get driving directions from your location.
Most vehicular traffic flows from Mitchell onto Vine St. That's the best way to get here if you're coming from the North via I-75S. If you're approaching from the South via I-75N, try this route:
|Turn right to merge onto I-71 N/I-75 N
Continue to follow I-71 N
|Slight right to stay on I-71 N (signs for US-50 E/Columbus)||
|Take exit 2 on the left to merge onto US-42 N/Reading Rd|
|Turn left onto Martin Luther King Dr E||
| Turn right onto Vine St
Destination will be on the right
Save Gas & Make the Line Shorter
- Carpool. Split the parking fee!
- Take the Metro. No parking fee. No line to get into parking lots.
At the Gates
- Members should be able to breeze through the admission gates with passes ready!
- We advise non-members to purchase tickets online before arriving at the Zoo.
The Fun Stuff
- Download our mobile App and use the map to find your way around the Zoo, add must-see items to your schedule and share your visit with friends and family.