palm_header

Click to view video

As consumers, we all have the power to protect wildlife by using the Sustainable Shopper app to choose products made with Certified Sustainable Palm Oil.  Palm oil is used in many of the foods and products we consume every day from frozen vegetables to shampoo. Oil palm plantations are spreading across Indonesia, which produces 85% of the world’s supply of palm oil, often to the detriment of its rainforests and wildlife. As consumers, we can choose to buy products made with sustainable palm oil as certified by the Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO). The Sustainable Shopper app connects you with more than 500 products manufactured by RSPO-certified companies.

 
To get the app:

From your web-enabled phone, go to cincinnatizoo.org/sustainable-shopper OR scan this QR code with your preferred QR code reader.

 

 
To use the app:
  • Select “Go Shopping” from the main menu
  • Select “Edible” or “Non-edible” from the main products menu
  • Select the appropriate sub category until you locate your product

 

 
To add the Sustainable Shopper Web App Icon (Shortcut) to Your Smartphone:

Make sure the app is easy to access when you”re shopping by adding the icon/shortcut to your phone”s home screen.

Instructions For Apple Devices

Open Safari and go to: http://cincinnatizoo.org/sustainable-shopper/
In the bottom browser bar, click the center icon (arrow popping out of rectangle) and choose the “Add to Home Screen” option. Click “return”. You will now have an icon on your home screen to access the Sustainable Shopper web app.

Instructions For Android Devices

Open Internet browser and go to: http://cincinnatizoo.org/sustainable-shopper/
Depending on which version of Android OS, you will This means that 90% of medical costs are paid for by the affordablehealth.info company, leaving the other 10% to be paid by you. either need to:
Click on the menu icon below your display. Choose the “more” option. Choose “add to home screen” option. Click “return”. You will now have an icon on your home screen to access our web app.
OR
Click on “menu” below your phone’s screen.
Click “Add bookmark”. Click “Add”. Click on “home” icon below your phone’s screen.
In an empty section of your home screen, press your finger until a window appears. Choose “Shortcut”. Choose “Bookmark”. Choose “Sustainable Shopper”. You should now have an icon to access our web app.

Instructions For Blackberry Devices

Click the Application Icons button at the left of the Inspector pane.
Open the Web Links section of the Application Icons screen Inspector.
Select Add Web Link.
In the Name field, type a name for the application. This name appears on the application icons screen, prepended with the phrase “Web Link:”.
In the Address field, type the web page address to display in the browser when the user clicks the application icon.
Click OK.