Greet Loving Animals In Need Before Heading Into The Zoo!
NOTE: Animals adopted at the Petco Whiskers & Wags Adoptathon may not be brought into the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden or left in any vehicles per Zoo policies.
WHAT: Before heading in to see the lions, tigers and bears (oh my!) at the Cincinnati Zoo on Sunday, May 19, 2013, make sure to stop by the mega adoption event taking place right outside its doors. Petco™ is teaming up with the famed Cincinnati Zoo to bring awareness to local animals in need and there will be 50 plus pets available for adoption from 14 different animal rescues across the Cincinnati and Dayton areas. In addition to pet adoptions, there will be Petco Certified Dog Trainers on hand to give pet parents advice on caring for a new pet’s physical, mental, social and emotional needs.
Whether visiting the zoo or not, this event is a great opportunity to interact with pets in need of forever homes. And for those who may be looking to add another member to their family, or just curious about pet adoption, here are some reasons why it can be a fantastic decision:
- Life Saver: Adopting a pet allows one less animal to be euthanized and frees up space in animal shelters to help save other homeless pets.
- Great Investment: Pets in animal shelters are less expensive than pets at a pet store and, in most cases, already spayed, neutered and vaccinated. Plus, they provide years of friendship and love.
- Instant Companionship: Pets in animal shelters will show unconditional love for giving them a second chance at life.
WHEN: Sunday, May 19, 2013 11 a.m. – 3 p.m.
WHERE: Cincinnati Zoo
Event will be held at the corner of Vine Street and Erkenbrecher Ave., adjacent to the zoo entrance
Cincinnati, OH 45220
- 50 plus adoptable pets
- Pet parents with their four-legged friends
- Training demos from Petco trainers
Allie Maltese - West PR
For general information on Petco adoption events, visit www.petco.com/adoptions
While the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden is serving as the host site for this event to adopt domestic animals, The Cincinnati Zoo does not support the adoption of exotic animals. If you want to support the animals at the Cincinnati Zoo, please stop by the A.D.O.P.T. (Animals Depend on People Too) table at the Adoptathon to learn how you can symbolically “adopt” an animal at the Cincinnati Zoo! When you become a Cincinnati Zoo A.D.O.P.T. parent, your gift helps to provide food, toys and fun enrichment items for the Zoo’s animal family. Every animal, from the Leaf-Cutter Ant to our largest Asian Elephants, is available for A.D.O.P.T.ion.