Garden Club of Cincinnati Makes Botanical Garden Donation WHO: The Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden will officially open the Zoo’s newest garden, made possible through a generous donation from The Garden Club of Cincinnati. The Zoo’s Historic Reptile house, which is 137-years-old and the country’s oldest Zoo building, underwent a major facelift in early 2013. As part of the exterior renovation, The Garden Club of Cincinnati chose to commemorate its own 2014 centennial celebration by restoring the garden that surrounds the famous domed building. The Club has both funded and helped plant the new garden, which invites people to view rare snakes, lizards, crocodiles, turtles and more WHAT: Media are invited to cover a brief ribbon cutting ceremony, in front of the new garden. Cincinnati Zoo Director, Thane Maynard, Cincinnati Zoo Director of Horticulture, Steve Foltz and two Executive Members of The Garden Club of Cincinnati – Pat Hinkley and Emmy Hobson, will be on-hand for the ceremony and available for interviews. WHEN: Tuesday, September 10 at 11:45 a.m. WHERE: The Garden Club of Cincinnati has been involved and supportive of improving the green spaces at many treasured Cincinnati institutions such as The Cincinnati Art Museum, Children’s Hospital, Bicentennial Commons, National Bicentennial Fountain at the Riverfront Plaza, The Taft Museum, and the Cincinnati Arts and Technology Center, and The University of Cincinnati. They are a dedicated group of gardeners who are passionate about learning, making their communities more attractive, and helping to improve the quality of life through environmental efforts. The Garden Club of Cincinnati’s association with the Zoo has a long history. In 1915, the garden club held the first dahlia show at the Zoo.