Hang with the Zoo Troop and become an expert!
Visiting the Zoo is a wild adventure full of fun interactions with family and animals, but the Zoo can also be an excellent place for children to learn and grow over time. The Zoo is proud to offer a new opportunity for your child: Zoo Troop. These new multi-week courses encourage the development of important skills and values that will allow your child to interact with peers, and foster knowledge and respect for wildlife and wild places. Join us as we explore new topics year round and foster caring, confident, knowledgeable, and inspiring young people.
In each course we will identify specific steps or skills that your child will achieve along with a key purpose statement. The same knowledgeable Zoo instructor will teach each week of the Zoo Troop course which will allow your child to form a positive relationship with their instructor.
Starting February 2013 we will be launching the first two brand new Zoo Troop 4- week long courses: Beastly Behaviors for 18-36 month olds and Mammals: Land, Sea & Air for 8-11 year olds. In September 2013 we will offer more brand new multi-week Zoo Troop courses for more age groups year round. Please check back with us for topics appropriate for more age groups starting in the fall 2013.
Join the Zoo Troop as we explore a different fun and interactive topic every month and foster caring, confident, and inspiring young people who know and love the wild world around them.
Who can participate?
- Currently we are only offering one 4-week topic for 18-36 month olds and one 4- week topic for 8-11 year olds. However, starting September 2013 we will offer topics for more age groups year round. Check back with us in late summer to find out more about Zoo Troop for all ages.
When are Zoo Troop courses available?
- Currently just February through March for 18-36 month olds and 8-11 year olds. Starting September 2013 Zoo Troop will be available year round. Check back with us in late summer to find out more.
- When you register for Zoo Troop you will be asked to select the day of the week you would like to come to every week. Currently Zoo Troop is offered on Tuesdays, Thursdays, Fridays, or Saturdays.
How much is Zoo Troop?
- Zoo Troop courses are 4 weeks long.
- Cost for Course for 18-36 month olds: $45/ Member - $60/ Non-Member (No charge for accompanying adult)
- Cost for Course for 8-11 year olds: $55/ Member - $70/ Non-Member (Adults need not accompany child)
Where does Zoo Troop take place?
- Most occur in the Harold C. Schott Education Center. Confirmation materials will be received once you have registered.
Questions? Contact us at (513) 559-7767 or email email@example.com
For 18-36 Month Olds
Hop like a bunny, creep like a caterpillar, fly like a bat. Animals sure do move their bodies in a lot of different ways! During the course of this 4-week program, we’ll explore the different ways that animals move around their world. With dramatic play, songs, animal visitors, and hikes into the zoo, participants will not only learn about animals, but will also work on their gross and fine motor skills and social skills in a fun environment with their peers.
- Dance and sing songs with friends.
- Learn how animals move and move like one!
- Make fun animal crafts.
When I’ve finished this course, I’ll know how to move like the animals.
Dates: Choose to come every Tuesday, Friday, or Saturday for 4 weeks
Tuesdays- 10-10:45am, Feb. 19-March 12
Fridays- 11-11:45 am, Feb. 22-March 15
Saturdays-10-10:45 am, Feb. 23-March 16
Cost: Members $45/Non Members $60
For 8-11 Year Olds
Mammals: Land, Sea & Air
Mammals are a group of incredibly adaptable creatures that can dash at top speeds, swim in the sea, and fly through the air! During the course of this 4-week program we will explore the diversity found within the class of mammals and the amazing adaptations these animals have that allow them to thrive in their habitat. We will go in depth into some of your favorite mammals at the Zoo and learn about their ecology, biology and behavior. Come every week, make great friends, learn about wildlife, and get involved in making a difference.
- Become a mammal expert.
- Make a creative project on your favorite animal.
- Work with peers to take action and help protect animals
When I’ve finished this course, I will understand mammal diversity and will have taken part in conservation.
Dates: Choose to come every Thursday, Friday, or Saturday for 4 weeks
Thursdays- 10-11:30am, Feb. 21-March 14
Fridays- 4:30-6pm, Feb. 22-March 15
Saturdays- 1pm-2:30pm, Feb. 23-March 16
Cost: Members $55/Non Members $70