Horticulture Insider’s Page
The CZBG Native Plant Symposium is a favorite event for native plant lovers and gardeners from all over the region. Many of the country’s best speakers have presented on a wide range of topics, from the best native plants for your garden to in depth looks at the flora from native ecosystems.
2024 Garden Events:
March 14, 2024: Sustainable Urban Landscapes
August 29, 2024: Plant Trials Day
November 16, 2024: Native Plant Symposium
- 7:45 AM Parking lot and gates open
- 8:00 AM Pastries, coffee, and tea served in lobby
- 8:50 AM Program begins
- 9:00-9:50AM William Finch Better Look South: Why the Future of Eastern American Forests Depends on Places Like Alabama
- 9:50-10:40AM Greg Tepper Native Plants: The Weird, the Wild, and the Wonderful!
- 11:10AM-12:00PM Mark Wessel The Genus Formerly Known as Aster
- 12:00-1:00 PM Lunch (boxed lunch: meat, vegetarian, and gluten free options available). Bring a reusable bottle/mug to save on waste.
- 1:00PM Program resumes
- 1:00-1:50PM Ryan McEaney Understanding Cultivated Native Selections
- 1:50-2:40PM William Finch The Secret of Light in the Forest
- 3:10-4:00PM Jim McCormac Mysterious Moths; Growing for the Darker Side of Butterflies
- 4:00 PM Program ends
- 4:00-6:00 PM Social Hour with cash bar
Note: The Native Plant Symposium is only offered in-person and will not recorded.
CEUs: Continuing Education Credits are available for participants. PGMS, ONLA, and APLD: all self-reported. ISA and ASLA: you must sign in.
- Parking is located at our main Vine Street parking lot at 3427 Vine Street.
- Cross the overhead pedestrian bridge to main turnstiles.
- The Vine Street lot will open at 7:45 am.
- Keep a copy of your ticket to scan upon exiting to receive free parking.
- For issues exiting the parking lot, press the “Help” button.
- For accessible parking, please email [email protected]
Gratitude to our Sponsors
Ammon NurseryArbor Doctor LLC
Boone County Arboretum
Denny McKeown’s Bloomin’ Garden Centre
Native Roots Sustainable Landscapes & Plant Market
Spring Grove Cemetery and Arboretum
Delhi Flower & Garden Center
Eads Fence Company
Green City Resources
Benken Garden Center & FloristMadison Tree Care & Landscaping
McKeown’s Bloomin’ Garden Center
Meisner & Associates
Stephen A. Smith Associates
Spring Hill Nursery
White Oak Garden Center