Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden recognizes the obligation to its customers, community and online visitors to fulfill our mission of creating adventure, conveying knowledge and conserving nature. Likewise, Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden is dedicated to the fundamentals of protecting consumer privacy on the Internet, especially for children.
The Site is owned and operated by the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden. Any inquiries about this Policy should be directed to:
Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden
3400 Vine Street
Cincinnati, OH 45220-1399
Toll Free Number:
SECURITY AND PRIVACY
The Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden website uses security measures to protect against the loss, misuse, and alteration of the information under our control. We store the information in a database in a secure environment at our data center.
We will never share, sell, or rent individual personal information to anyone without your advance permission or unless ordered by a court of law. Information submitted to us is only available to employees managing this information for purposes of contacting you or sending you e-mails based on your request for information.
GATHERING AND USE OF INFORMATION
Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden collects personal information from our visitors only on a voluntary basis. We do not require this information for customers to obtain access to our Site. However, in order to participate in some of the programs offered on the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden website, you may have to provide personal information. Occasionally, we may also ask for personal information for our own internal marketing use. You may provide this information on a voluntary basis. If you provide this information to Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden, we will maintain your privacy and will not sell or provide your personal information to third parties. The following are the types of information we gather:
• Information You Voluntarily Give Us: We receive information when you register for the Site, sign up for membership, request certain features, or make a purchase. Additionally, you may provide information when you participate in sweepstakes or contests, voting and polling activities, and other interactive areas of the Site. When you provide us with information, you will not be asked for your Social Security number, sex, race, national origin, or disability. Any personally identifiable information you provide is voluntary. The Site may combine information that you voluntarily give us with information provided by third parties and affiliates.
• E-mail / Opt-Out: Only those people who ask to be added to our promotional newsletter list or who ask for information from us will receive e-mail communications from Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden. We also offer an "Opt-out or Unsubscribe" feature that allows you, at any time, to have Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden discontinue e-mail communications.
• Automatic Information: We automatically receive and record certain types of information whenever you interact with us. This information, which is recordable any time you use the Internet, includes the Internet Protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; your domain name, if any; and computer and connection information, such as browser type and version. In addition, like many Web sites, we use a technology called “cookies” to record your activity while visiting the Site. We use this information to learn how you use the Site, to remember your preferences, and to diagnose problems.
• Aggregated Usage Information: We may provide aggregated usage information to third parties, such as content licensors and advertisers, for diagnostic, billing and sales purposes. However, such information will not include any personally identifiable user information. This information is purely statistical in nature and cannot be tied to you.
Use of the Site by anyone under the age of 13 is prohibited. Children must be at least 13 years of age, to receive e-mail communications from Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden. We will use our best efforts to only collect information from individuals over the age of 13. If you are under the age of 13, do not attempt to register for or to otherwise use the Site. If we are notified that we have collected personal information from anyone under age 13, we will delete that information as quickly as is reasonably possible.
To report use by a child under age 13, please contact us at the e-mail address listed above, and include the following information:
• Name of the child you are reporting;
• The child’s username or alias he or she is using;
• E-mail address used by the child;
• Actual age of the child;
• Your relationship to the child;
• Your basis for making the report.
CHANGES AND ACCESS TO PERSONAL INFORMATION
Parents or guardians who want to view, correct, update or delete personal information collected about their child should send an e-mail to email@example.com, or contact by phone (at the number listed above). Parents can also contact Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden to request that their child’s participation in Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden programs be discontinued or that no further information be collected from their child. Parents or guardians will be required to provide identification before the child’s information is released to the parent or guardian. A child’s participation in Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden programs will cease as a result of a parent or guardian limiting information collection by Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden because Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden would be unable to operate programs for that child.
Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden uses standard website server log files. This includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, platform type, date/time stamp, and number of clicks to analyze trends, administer the Site, track aggregate user's movement, and gather broad demographic information for analytical use.
MORE ABOUT COOKIES
Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden may use "cookie" technology to obtain non-personal information from its online visitors. Cookies are information files that your web browser places on your computer when you visit a website. Most browsers accept cookies automatically, but can be configured not to accept them or to indicate when a cookie is being sent. We do not extract personal information in this process nor do we provide this information to third parties. We also do not contact you. Cookies allow us to customize your user interface to speed up the navigation process and to make the site experience more efficient. If your browser is configured to reject cookies, you may not be able to utilize some features of the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden website.
HOW COLLECTED INFORMATION IS PROTECTED
We use state-of-the-art technology to protect your data from unauthorized third parties. Currently, we use Secure Socket Layer (SSL) software to protect your personal data. SSL encrypts personal information as it is transmitted over the Internet. We use firewalls between our internal network and the Web to allow only clearly defined traffic to access specific services. The Site is registered with a site identification authority that enables your browser to confirm our identity before you send any information. During the registration process, we use a server ID (or a digital certificate) together with industry-standard 128-bit SSL encryption to protect sensitive Member information, if any, during both transmission and storage. You can confirm the presence of security measures when transmitting data through your security-enabled browser by looking for: A URL beginning with “https://” rather than “http://”. If you’re using Microsoft Internet Explorer® or Mozilla Firefox®, a closed lock icon at the bottom of the browser window.
PRIVACY RIGHTS OF CALIFORNIA RESIDENTS
If you are a California resident, you are entitled to additional privacy rights under California law. If you submit a written request to the address above, CINCINNATIZOO.ORG will provide you with a California Customer Choice Notice that you may use to opt-out of third party personal information sharing. Please specify on your request that you are seeking your “California Customer Choice Notice” and allow at least 30 days for a response.