So Much Fun, It’s Scary
HallZOOween is FREE with Zoo Admission! Guests will be treated to a day of fun at the Cincinnati Zoo! Help the Zoo go green, please bring your own treat bag!
- Trick or Treat Stations
- Special Animal Enrichment
- Phil Dalton’s Theater of Illusion Shows at 1pm & 3pm
- Hogwarts Express Train Ride (Additional charge applies)
- Scare-ousel (additional charge applies)
Kids are encouraged to wear a costume during HallZOOween, but it is not required.
While we encourage creativity, we also value safety and good judgment. Please take a moment to read over our latest rules and regulations:
- Costumes must be family-friendly and may not be obstructive, offensive, objectionable or violent.
- Guests who dress like characters may not pose for pictures or sign autographs for other guests.
- Costumes may not include any toy or imitation weapon/firearm which substantially duplicates or can reasonably be perceived to be an actual firearm and/or weapon.
- Fantasy-style toys such as swords from Minecraft, lightsabers from Star Wars, etc., are permitted.
- Costumes may not contain sharp objects, pointed objects or materials that may accidentally strike another guest, including bow and arrows, axes, morning stars, ect.
- Inflatable costumes, even if deflated, are NOT permitted as they can scare our animals and block pathways.
- Adults may wear costumes but we ask that they be family-friendly (not gory or scary).
- This event caters to small children. Adults may NOT wear costume masks that cover the face.
- The Zoo reserves the right to ask adults to remove costume masks.
- In addition to the standard Kanga’ Klimb guidelines….No loose-fitting costumes, accessories, or props may be worn on the course. This includes but is not limited to wigs, hats, capes, chains, robes, ect. No costumes that restrict movement or prevent the harnesses from properly fitting.
- Loose onesies, bulky costumes, or inflatables, are not allowed.
Guests who do not adhere to these guidelines may be refused entry into, and/or removed from the zoo unless his or her costume can be modified to meet the above standards.
What To Expect
You and your family can enjoy:
Look for our ever-popular trick-or-treat stations through the Zoo! Help the Zoo go green, please bring your own treat bag!
Festive Fan Treats
Try all of the fun, fall-themed foods.
Phil Dalton’s Theater of Illusion
Shows at 1pm & 3pm
Take your family autumn photos at the Zoo and treat yourself to some fall favorites like caramel apples, pumpkin latte and caramel corn!
All aboard the spooktacular Hogwarts Express!
Animals will be receiving pumpkins each weekend for enrichment! Stop by your favorite animal to see the pandemonium!
Hide and Seek Fiona!
Seek out the three Fiona statues that will be hidden throughout the Zoo to see what Fiona dressed up as for Halloween. Look out, she may change from week to week!
Make Smart Shopping Choices This HallZOOween!
Animals like the Bornean and Sumatran orangutans are critically endangered species due in part to the palm oil industry. Palm oil is used in many of the foods and products we consume every day from frozen vegetables to shampoo. Oil palm plantations are spreading across Indonesia, which produces 85% of the world’s supply of palm oil, often to the detriment of its rainforests and wildlife. As consumers, we can choose to buy products made with sustainable palm oil as certified by the Roundtable for Sustainable Palm Oil (RSPO). Below is a helpful guide for purchasing candy made with certified sustainable palm oil.