Add Excitement to Your Day
The Train and Carousel are included benefits of Platinum and Gold Members. Standard members and non-members may purchase tickets at each respective attraction.
Rides and attractions are weather-dependent.
Hours: 2:30pm – Close
Price: $5 *included with Platinum and Gold Membership
Dornette Kanga’ Klimb
Hours: Returning Spring 2024
Price: Members: $18 | Non Members: $21
Details (click to expand):
After putting on a harness and a helmet, you and your friends will head across the bridge to the central hub platform. From there, 4 other platforms beckon you to complete 58 elements. A skilled guide will encourage you along and give tips for navigating the system. Obstacles include swinging logs, plank walk, tight rope, Burma bridge, spider web, post hop, and balance beam to name a few.
After you purchase tickets at the course, please fill out this waiver: Kanga’ Klimb Waiver
- A signed release form is required prior to participating on the course.
- Kanga’ Klimb is weather-dependent.
- Participant must be 60” tall to participate alone or 48″ tall and accompanied on the course at all times by someone who is at least 60″ tall
- Minimum age is 4 years old
- Participant must safely fit in full body harness; confidential weigh-in may be required.
- Participant maximum weight is 250 lbs.
- The minimum weight for the Quick Flight jump is 44 lbs.
- Dresses and skirts are not allowed due to elevated course and full-body harness.
- No loose-fitting costumes, accessories, or props may be worn on the course. This includes but is not limited to wigs, hats, capes, chains, robes, etc.
- No costumes that restrict movement or prevent the harnesses from properly fitting. Loose onesies, bulky costumes, or inflatables, are not allowed.
- No flip-flops, open-toe, or open-heel shoes are allowed. Ensure shoelaces are tied and shoes are secure.
- Participant must empty their pockets.
- No loose objects such as cell phones or cameras are allowed. There will be cell phone lockers for phones but not strollers/bags/etc.
- Please secure your eyewear. We are not responsible for lost or misplaced personal items.
- No gum, food, or drinks are allowed on Kanga’ Klimb
Should I participate in this activity?
Water is strongly encouraged and mandatory water breaks may occur on hot days.
This is a challenging Aerial Adventure Course. (Not a Rockwall, not a zipline, but a physically demanding course.) Participants must be in good health and good physical condition to participate. Expectant mothers should not participate in this activity. If your health is at risk for any reason, including aggravating a preexisting condition of any kind, please do not participate. Participants must safely fit in full body harness; confidential weigh-in may be required (maximum weight is 250 lbs.). The minimum weight for the Quick Flight jump is 44 lbs.
How tall do you have to be to participate?
Participants must be 60” tall to participate alone
If the participant is 48″ and taller, they must be accompanied on the course at all times by someone who is at least 60″ tall. There must be a 1:1 accompaniment. (It cannot be 1 person 60 inches tall with 2 children.)
If you’re under 48″ tall, you cannot participate at all.
How old do you have to be to participate?
Minimum age is 4 years old
What kind of clothing should be worn?
No loose-fitting clothing, skirts or dresses, No open-toed or open-healed shoes, no sandals of any type, no loose-fitting type slip-on shoes, no boots or shoes with heels. Crocs are not allowed. Acceptable shoes should be of an athletic type sneaker or hiking shoe.
How do I get Kanga’ Klimb tickets?
Purchase your tickets at the Kanga’ Klimb entrance. Cash, credit, debit and Zoo Bucks accepted.
How long does the course take?
Expect to spend around 30 to 60 minutes on the course.
Can I take pictures during the course?
Participants must empty pockets. No loose objects such as cell phones or cameras are allowed. There will be cell phones lockers for phones but not strollers/bags/etc. Please secure your eye-wear. We are not responsible for lost or misplaced personal items.
Non-participants may be allowed to take photos from the viewing platform.
Is the course accessible?
Parts of Kanga’ Klimb are ADA friendly. Please contact the Visitor Experience Team at (513) 475-6198 or email at [email protected] for more information.
Hours: Zoo operational hours
Price: $5 to start + $0.35 cents/minute.
ScooterPals offer a unique and fun way to get around the Zoo. Stop by the Welcome Center, located near the front entrance of the Zoo, to reserve your favorite ScooterPal.
Serving up joy and entertainment for virtually all ages, the plush scooters can accommodate up to two riders and are available as timed rentals, which means renters can ride their ScooterPals for as little or as long as they want – whether it’s for a quick thrill or a full day of fun. The rental process is quick and easy: Visitors simply scan the QR code (no app download needed), complete the form and they’re ready to rent and roll.
Details (click to expand):
Pricing: $5 to start + $0.35 cents/minute.
- 10 min – $8.50
- 30 min – $15.50
- 60 min – $26
Rules and Regulations
- First come, first serve – not reservable.
- Must be 18 years or older to rent.
- Must be taller than 36” to ride.
- Two riders are allowed when following rider guidelines of one adult (18 or older) and one child over 36 inches in height.
- Combined rider weight not to exceed 450 lbs
- Any persons operating ECV rentals shall thoroughly review all provided safety instructions.
- ScooterPals must stick to the designated route
- Equipment shall be returned to the rental location at the Welcome Center.
- A $5 initial fee to start the ride and then $.35 per minute until ride is ended at returned location.
- A $30 temporary credit pre-authorization will be placed with the reservation. The temporary hold is the amount we authorized to ensure there are funds to complete your purchase
Who can ride?
- A Scooter Pal can hold up to 450lbs
- Multiple riders are allowed as long as they are safely seated.
- It is recommended if a parent and child are riding together, the shorter child sit in front of the parent.
- The operator (Driver) must be 18 or older.
- To ride you must be 36inches tall.
- Scooter Pals are NOT a substitute for a mobility device!
What are they and how to rent?
- Scooter Pals are a fun pay-by-the-minute ride.
- They can only pay with card through the app (scanning the QR code at Welcome Center)- we do not accept cash
- Rental times are stopped and started at the Welcome Center. They must return them to the Welcome Center to end the rental.
- They are a $5 start rate and charge $0.35/ minute
- 1 hour would be $26
- 2 hours would be $47
- 3 hours would be $68
- To move forward pull the lever on the right-hand side, to move backward pull the lever on the lefthand side.
- To stop release the lever.
- There is a key on the right side of the animal’s face. To turn it on, twist the key forward, to turn off, turn the key towards you.
- There is a seat sensor. If one is stalling, have guests readjust and stay fully seated.
- There are horns on each of them as well.
ScooterPals are only permitted on the main Zoo loop