CINCINNATI (November 26, 2013) – The Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden is a great place to check unique gifts off your holiday shopping list. With dozens of Zoonique gift ideas, you can find something for everyone, including gifts that keep giving long after the holiday season is through.
Gifts that Keep Giving:
- Annual Zoo Membership –Memberships are a great year-round holiday gift. Benefits include: year-round admission, discounts on food and gift shops, member-only exhibit previews and events, discount guest passes and discounts on education programs. Memberships are available online or by phone at 513-559-7713. Price ranges from $89 – $179.
- A.D.O.P.T. an Animal (Animals Depend on People Too) – When you become a Cincinnati Zoo A.D.O.P.T. parent, your gift helps to provide food, toys and fun enrichment items for the Zoo’s animal family. Each gift includes an A.D.O.P.T. Certificate, animal fact sheet and color photo! ADOPTions are valid for one year and are renewable. Click here for a list of all animals available,or call 513-487-3327. Price ranges from $30 – $1,000
- Animal Artists – Our animals don’t just look good, some of them are talented artist, too! You can order elephant and rhino paintings online. More information on our elephant and rhino art. Prices range from $4.99 to $250.
- Print for a Purpose – This year Zoo supporters can order note cards, postcards, wall posters, etc… using your own photos or a library of our favorite Cincinnati Zoo animal photos. 25% of each purchase you make in the Print for a Purpose Zoo web store will go directly to help the Zoo. More info…
- Behind the Scenes Experiences – If you’ve ever dreamed of meeting an elephant, feeding a giraffe out of the palm of your hand, or painting with a rhino then the Behind the Scenes Experiences are for you! More info…
- Travel with the Zoo – There is no better way to journey through Africa, India, or South America than with the experienced staff members of the Cincinnati Zoo! Zoo trips are memories that will last a life time and are offered to a variety of destinations annually. More info…
- Zooster’s Treasure House – Find all kinds of handcrafted treasures in the Zooster’s Craft Shop, located next to the Holiday Post Office in the Volunteer Services building. The Zoo’s fabulous volunteers make all of the goods in the shop and donate the proceeds directly to the Zoo. Open during the PNC Festival of Lights.
Gifts for the Green Thumb:
- Landscape Series – Our Landscaping for the Homeowner Series (or individual classes), taught by our expert horticulture staff, make a great gift. Purchase Landscaping Classes
Zoo Gift Shop:
- Shop for everything from plush toys to Zoo pajamas & unique t-shirts. Special holiday sale items include handmade jewelry, whimsical kitchen items and sock monkey hats! The Zoo’s Gift Shop can be found just inside the Zoo’s Historical Vine Street Village. Or, you can shop online.
- Gift Certificates – Zoo Education Programs make a perfect gift. Gift Certificates are available in $5, $10, $25, $50 amounts and can be used for Zoo Education Programs.
The Cincinnati Zoo opens daily at 9 a.m. The PNC Festival of Lights is open nightly through January 1, 2012, except on Thanksgiving, Christmas Eve and Day.